privacy and cookies
UNIFY - YMCA Christian Mission Network generally processes personal data in the following situations: enrollment forms for projects / activities, enrollment forms as a volunteer or for employment, newsletter contacts and communications / invitations / news. Processed data typically includes: data contact, names, answers to questions that help us to select the participants according to the desired profile in the project / activity.
We process only the data you transmit to us (for example, through an application form) and only with your consent (ticking boxes to express your consent). Before collecting any personal data, we will inform you and ask for your consent. We do not collect your data from third parties, we do not buy your data or sell it. Data collection must always have a legal basis. Thus, we collect your data based on: the agreement you have expressed, for the achievement of the organization’s mission (a legitimate interest), legal or contractual obligations.
To store your data, we use the following services: Google Apps / Drive (info on their privacy here), Dropbox (info on their privacy here). Your data is in the cloud and we ensure that it is protected from high security levels. For example, Dropbox uses file encryption at a banking security level. Storing your data is strictly for the purpose for which you have given us the consent to collect the information, and access to it is provided only to those who have direct tasks in achieving that purpose;
On paper we store data strictly when it is mandatory or strictly necessary. For example, for accounting in the case of a reimbursement made for you; volunteer contracts, employment ones, service provision, according to the legislation in force; in other cases where we need to print on a paper basis certain data stored online, they are used for a very short period of time strictly for the purpose of recall and subsequently destroyed (eg printing a volunteer registration form for a selection interview).
Personal information we may collect
When you register online, take part in an event, donate, contact us or interact with us in any other way, UNIFY - YMCA Christian Mission Network may receive personal information about you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address.
How we use your information
We will use your information in a number of ways, such as sending you information about our work and how you can continue to support UNIFY, sending you communication you have subscribed to or responding to correspondence you have sent to us or processing a donation that you have made .
You have the right to let us know at any time if you want to change how you hear from us or advise us if you no longer wish to receive any further communications from us. You can do this by emailing info[at]ymca-unify.eu
- You may ask us to update your data or to export/send it, as the case may be. Over time, all of these things can happen automatically online.
- You can ask us to tell you what personal data we currently have about you. You can expect to have strictly the data you have provided us, for example by filling out an application form.
- You have the right to request the deletion and destruction of the personal data we have about you. However, in some cases this request may also mean withdrawal from a particular project or activity.
Consistent with the values of our organization – care, respect, honesty, responsibility, faith – in order to fulfill our mission:
- we commit to protect your personal data and use it strictly for the purpose for which you have entrusted us;
- we commit ourselves to complying with the European Union GDPR Regulation, using only data collection/ storage/processing services that comply with European legislation;
- we will not transfer your data to other countries that do not provide a high level of protection, we will not sell or transfer it without your consent to another organization or entity of any kind, we will not use it for illegal purposes or for which we do not have your agreement.
Disclosure of your information
We will keep you personal information confidential and will not disclose it to any third party without your consent, unless we are obliged to do so by law. We sometimes use third parties to process your information on our behalf (for example, to process a donation). However, we require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own business purposes.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You can ask us what information we hold about you by contacting us.
Write to UNIFY - YMCA Christian Mission Network with your request.
Please also help us to keep your information up to date by letting us know of any changes using the contact details above.
The site also makes use of session cookies. Those cookies are necessary for site functionality and contain no personally identifiable information. They are deleted when the browser is closed.
Please note, that you can delete any cookies that are already stored on your computer. Please refer to the instructions for your browser or file management software on how to do so.
For more information about cookies, including how to block or delete them, visit AboutCookies.org
Third party websites
Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page, so please check back from time to time.